If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Thursday, June 28, 2018

A fine line

 
It's hard for me to resist posting pictures of ribbon worms.  This is a close-up of a Six-lined Ribbon Worm (Tubulanus sexlineatus).  Here's the entire animal:



Photographed in the low intertidal zone on 16 June 2018.

P.S.  For more photos of this species, check out the post called "All lined up" on 20 March 2015.
 

2 comments:

Serena said...

So pretty! We found a T. sexlineatus the first day of inverts lab. It was my first time seeing one in person, which was very nice.

I'm still waiting for you to find a hoplonemertean to do a stylet prep on (Eric knows how!). :)

Jackie Sones said...

Hi, Serena!

I know, I know...where does all of the time go?? Some day...

:) Jackie