If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Out on the flats

Last September I posted about an interesting "sap-sucking sea slug" called Aplysiopsis enteromorphae.  The photographs accompanying that post were taken in the lab, but recently I encountered this species in the field, so here's a picture from the Bodega Harbor tidal flats:


This sea slug was ~20 mm long.  To learn more about this local species, check out the post called "One cell at a time" from 23 September 2017

P.S.  Related to last night's post, there are a couple of very small phoronids in the photo above (bottom center and top right).  I didn't notice them when I was trying to photograph Aplysiopsis traveling across the sand.  But when I was reviewing the photos, I saw these tiny phoronids emerging from the sand.  Fun!

No comments: