If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Late afternoon baths

We haven't spent much time outside lately because of the wildfire smoke and poor air quality, but at times there have been quite a few birds visiting the water bath in our yard.  Here's a sampler (photos taken through the kitchen window on 17 November 2018).  [Click in the images for larger versions.]



Bushtit (Psaltriparus minimus)




Ruby-crowned Kinglet (Regulus calendula)




Townsend's Warbler (Setophaga townsendi)




Yellow-rumped Warbler (Setophaga coronata)




Fox Sparrow (Passerella iliaca)

2 comments:

Linda Schneider said...

Thank you for the great songbird photos. I'm using them for drawing practice, I hope that's ok with you. I sketched the kinglet today & he's posted on my instagram if you'd like to look at him. Those guys have to be in the top 5 cutest birds of all time in my opinion. Linda Schneider

Jackie Sones said...

Hi, Linda!

Yes, I'm glad the photos can be useful for sketching. How do I find your Instagram account?

Jackie