If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Partly cloudy


11 April 2012 around 6:15 p.m.
Tall, billowing clouds to the south 




The photo above reminds me of Oregon.  Sometimes a domed cloud or fog would form over a high point, almost as if it were clinging to the landscape like a cap or a beanie.  My co-worker (Hi, Hillary!) was from B.C. and called that type of hat a tuque, so we called this "tuque fog."  The thin clouds wrapping over the tops of the puffy clouds above are getting close to being tuques!


Northern Harrier (Circus cyaneus)


P.S.  The title of this post is a tribute to one of my favorite Pixar short films, Partly Cloudy.  The clouds tonight reminded me of the clouds in that movie!

No comments: