If you're interested in using any of these photographs or this content in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Friday, February 12, 2016

Rose Quartz and Serenity

I know, I know...you've probably been wondering why I haven't yet posted about the 2016 Pantone Color of the Year.  ;)

Well, I'll admit that at first I was a little uncertain about the choice of this year's color.  They actually chose two colors — but it's not "Colors of the Year," it's "Color of the Year". 

When we heard that they chose Rose Quartz (pale pink) and Serenity (pale blue), Eric and I wondered about what we could find in nature to represent both of those colors at once.  

There are probably quite a few options, but we first recognized it in the sky.  These colors are often paired at sunrise and sunset.  So here you go!

Sunrise from Cotati on 11 February 2016:



Sunset from Bodega Head on 11 February 2016: 



P.S.  If you'd like to see last year's post including the 2015 Pantone Color of the Year (=Marsala), click here.
 

No comments: