If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Greenery

Okay, I know some of you have probably been waiting for me to show the 2017 Pantone Color of the Year.  ;)

Well, I've been trying to find a good match.  That is, until I photographed something that would be a good representation of the color known as "greenery."

Although it's not a perfect match, today I think I came close enough.  Here's a nice patch of moss on a stone with some late afternoon sun (photographed in Petaluma on 15 January 2017):


If you'd like to compare the color of the moss with the actual color, here's a link to the Pantone web page with a swatch of greenery.

I'll keep looking for examples of "greenery" in our landscapes (and flora and fauna), but for now I thought it would be fun to introduce the Color of the Year.

P.S. To review previous Pantone Colors of the Year, review the posts for the 2015 color "marsala" and the 2016 color "rose quartz and serenity."