If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

In appreciation of flight

Last night (21 October 2019) I spent a few more minutes watching one of the White-tailed Kites (Elanus leucurus) that's been actively hunting on Bodega Head at the end of the day.  The lighting was beautiful up high where the kite was hovering, but it was shaded down low where I was standing, so I don't think the kite noticed me.  Several times it was hovering almost directly above me.  The views were pretty special, and I couldn't choose a favorite photo, so here's a selection.  Enjoy!  [You can click on the images for larger versions.]

















1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Oh my yes, it would be hard to choose a favorite! As always, I so appreciate your blog. Thank you!