If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Point A to Point B

Last week Eric and I noticed this looping trail on the beach (below).  Immediately both of us thought of an illustration from a card we like, so we added an A and a B:



Here's the card:


This illustration has seemed relevant at various times in our lives, as the paths we find ourselves on are often unpredictable and rarely follow a straight line.  This seems to ring true right now, with the way this coronavirus has upended the world.  It's helpful to think about the big picture, though, and to visualize the entire path, right?  Although it's often hard to know exactly how we'll get there, we will get to the next point!

P.S.  Thanks to the mole crab for making the path in the sand and to PAPYRUS for the wonderful card.
 

5 comments:

Alice said...

Thank you so much for this! It's just what I needed right now.

Stay well!

John W. Wall said...

That reminds me of this cartoon of how a bill becomes a law:
https://www.cartooncollections.com/directory/keyword/legal_bill_review

Dan Gurney said...

I love this! Thanks!

The Peace of Wild Things


When despair grows in me
and I wake in the middle of the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.


- Wendell Berry

Hollis said...

Love this! Thank you!

adrienne said...

I've passed your site to many recently, as a way to connect with the outside world. Today's brought a much-need perspective. Thanks for your keen eye, and your big heart.