If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Pink moon?

 
We heard this full moon is sometimes called the "Pink Moon" not necessarily because the moon is pink, but because Moss Pink (Phlox subulata) flowers at this time.  However, we thought the name was appropriate when viewing this beautiful pink lighting surrounding the moon on our way to do field work around sunrise this morning (27 April 2021).

2 comments:

Doerte Mann said...

So beautiful, and so peaceful, Jackie. And I thought the weasel pictures from Friday couldn't be topped. But somehow, this full moon scene got to me. There just doesn't seem to be any limit to the beauty of our local environment, and to your photographic and observational skills. Thank you! Doerte

Jackie Sones said...

Hi, Doerte!

Thanks so much for sharing these thoughts! Peaceful was a word that came to my mind, too -- or at least that's how I felt when viewing that scene. I'm glad it came through in the photo. I, too, am grateful for such a beautiful views.

Jackie