If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Friday, February 24, 2023

Snow Day

This morning (24 February 2023) we decided to take a look at Sonoma Mountain from a distance...if there was snow up there, then we'd drive up for a brief visit with the snow before work. 

Snow is rare in western Sonoma County, so this morning was pretty exciting.  I think you'll be able to tell from my voice!  

Here's a quick video showing the snowy scene.  Sonoma Mountain is ~2400 feet high, and we were a bit below the peak, so probably at ~2000 feet.

Enjoy!

[P.S.  The sounds starts about 20 seconds in.  Also, if you can't see the video player in an e-mail message, click on the title of the post to see the video on the NHBH web page.]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you

Alice Chan said...

We had to drive over to Fairfield and back, yesterday, and we took the scenic route, over hwy 12. I've lived in Sonoma County for more than half my life, and I don't ever remember ever
seeing so much snow at such a low elevation on the Sonoma and Napa Valley hills. Between the remarkable snow levels and the GORGEOUS clouds, it was a stunningly beautiful drive.

Jackie Sones said...

Hello!

You're welcome! Fun to play in the snow for a few minutes!

:) Jackie

Jackie Sones said...

Hello, Alice!

So glad you were able to enjoy such a beautiful drive! The photos I've seen online are amazing. I, too, have been thankful for the interesting clouds this week.

:) Jackie