If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Thursday, September 7, 2023

A flash of green

 
At work today I looked out the window and noticed a small bird flitting around in a lupine bush.  I could tell it wasn't a sparrow, but wasn't sure what it was, so went to get my camera and then stepped outside for a closer look.  
 
As I approached the shrub I noticed a flash of bright green and then this young Chestnut-sided Warbler (Setophaga pensylvanica) appeared.
 
The weather was good for seeing migrants today, so I wasn't totally surprised, but it was a nice view!
 

1 comment:

Bryant Bainbridge said...

Remember that young Chestnut-sided Warbler you showed to me and John Kelley at the lab, god knows how many years back??