If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Monday, June 17, 2024

18!

  

Okay, how many arms on the Six-armed Sea Star above? 

And how many arms on this greenish Six-armed Sea Star? 


And how many arms on this Six-armed Sea Star that's having a tube foot party?

Add then all together -- how many arms total on all three of these Six-armed Sea Stars?

Yes!  18!  (Okay, most of you know I'm a Boston sports fan...and I can't help but post a big congratulations to the Boston Celtics for winning the 2024 Championship and their 18th Championship Banner!  That was an amazing season, Celtics!  Woohoo!)

3 comments:

Alice Chan said...

What a clever sports reference with some beautiful sea critters!

Limantour walker said...

Okay...that's a bit of a stretch, but BRAVO to you for celebrating with a science lesson! Happy for you!

Jackie Sones said...

:) Yes, I'll admit, I was struggling to come up with a natural history note that included the number "18". Three Six-armed Sea Stars was a stretch!

I'll try to do better next time (if there is a next time!).

:) Jackie