If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Sunday, June 10, 2018

On the lake

I spent a lot of the weekend watching my niece row in the Youth National Championships in Gold River, CA.  Not much time for nature photography, but I took a quick picture of a Cliff Swallow (Petrochelidon pyrrhonota) swooping along the surface of Lake Natoma:



For a slightly better view of a Cliff Swallow, here's an older picture of a nesting colony near Cape Mendocino last year:


  
P.S.  Way to go, Deerfield Crew!

P.P.S.  Before the races started, there was a wonderful view of a Bald Eagle catching a fish at one end of the lake.  It was a little too distant for my lens, but you can still see the size of the fish (Is that a Rainbow Trout?):



No comments: