If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Blurry clouds



Some amazing clouds were visible in the late afternoon and early evening today.

I know the white clouds in the photo above appear to be out of focus, but that's really how they looked!  I'm not sure I've seen clouds like that before.  They were actually blurred!

Here's the sky about 5 minutes later (looking west from Bodega Head):



And a close-up of those blurred white clouds about 10 minutes after the first picture was taken:



I'd love to learn more about what causes those blurry clouds.  Does it have to do with temperature?  If you know what was going on, let me know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not an expert at all but I think it has to do with temperature. If my memory serves me this day there was hail in Sonoma county in the afternoon. Maybe they are related?