If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Sunday, February 5, 2017

New England memories

Okay, I'll admit that I've been thinking about New England tonight (where I grew up).  So here are a few pictures from my past:


Homer (the golden retriever on the left), in front of lobster traps on Trouants Island in Marshfield, MA.


And to include some natural history: an Atlantic Halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus).  Fun Fact: Atlantic Halibut are the largest flatfish in the world, with record lengths of up to ~15 feet and weights of ~700 lbs.  [That's my dad on the right.] 


I'm thinking about all of my family and friends in New England tonight!
 

1 comment:

Annaliese Hettinger said...

I loved seeing these pictures, Jackie! Thanks for sharing. Cute pup! Incredible halibut!