If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Monday, November 5, 2018

Check the boxes

Can you find a common theme shared by these three photo mosaics?

Here's the first one:


Any ideas yet?  

Here's the second one: 



Need a hint?  Consider the first letter for each organism, starting in the upper left corner and reading like a book.

The third mosaic:


I know this is tricky.  And the theme is?

For the first mosaic: Veliger, Otter, Tern, Echinoderm

For the second mosaic: Vulture, Octopus, Trifolium, Eagle

For the third mosaic: Vermetid, Owl, Toad, Egregia 


Thanks so much for playing.  Don't miss your chance to use your voice in the elections on Tuesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie! Everything you post is beautiful, a joy and thought provoking.

Thank you!

Linda S said...

LOve this, thank you! I always enjoy the view of the natural world through your eyes--keep up the good work.

Doerte Mann said...

So the first mosaic got me to -OT-, which was reinforced by the third, and the second gave me T--B which helped me to TOTB (Think Outside The Box) to realize that the second mosaic could just as well be V--E. So yes, I got the message.