If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Jewels, streaks, petals, and rocks

I felt lucky to join a LandPaths' hike to The Cedars (near Cazadero) today (11 May 2019).  Lots of wonderful scenery and observations...and many photos to sort through.  Here's a previewjust a few pictures that caught my eye on the first time through the photos.


Hoffman's Jewelflower (Streptanthus glandulosus ssp. hoffmanii)




Muir's Hairstreak (Callophrys muiri)




Black Petaltail (Tanypteryx hageni)




Rock Wren (Salpinctes obsoletus)a distant photo, but this is my first Rock Wren photo from Sonoma County.  It was singing at the top of an open rocky ridge.

P.S.  I first went to The Cedars in April 2015.  If you'd like to review some of those photos, you can start with the post called "Among the rocks" on 25 April 2015 and continue forward until 1 May 2015.
 

No comments: