If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Bedraggled


We were trying to do a shorebird survey this afternoon (5 December 2019) when I looked towards Doran Beach and noticed a very large bird on the tidal flats.  It was a bit bedraggled by the weatherrain showers and southeast winds — but it was fun to see this Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) in Bodega Harbor.

3 comments:

Mary Keefe said...

Do you think that was one of our Jenner eagles?

Good eye!

marian619 said...

I wonder if this is the same bird I saw last week, flying over the harbor near Spud Point Marina? I was driving, but I could see the white head and it was a massive bird, much larger than the hawks that I see at the marine lab.

Marian Parker

Jackie Sones said...

Hi, Marian,

Sounds like you might have seen an eagle. We saw one (possibly the same bird as the one in this post) over by the Bodega Bay post office on 31 January 2020:

https://bodegahead.blogspot.com/2020/01/enraptored.html

Jackie