If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Friday, April 1, 2022

Refuge in a pine

  

A similar scene to March 10th unfolded this morning as I was driving to work.  I could see a Bald Eagle out on the tidal flats in Bodega Harbor, and there were Western Gulls swooping down on it.  Eventually the eagle took off and flew towards Spud Point:

 
 
The eagle landed in a pine tree along Old Bay Flat Road:

 
 
It kept a close eye on the gulls...
 
 
 
...and generally remained watchful:
 
 
I think this is a different individual than the one I photographed on 10 March 2022, so there must be a couple of different Bald Eagles visiting Bodega Harbor.

1 comment:

Alice Chan said...

OK, now I know I have to get out there and look around. Really nice series of photos!!