If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Morning visitor

This Cooper's Hawk (Accipiter cooperii) stopped briefly in the backyard yesterday.  I tried to take a few photos before it flew off, but I hadn't realized my camera settings were way off for the situation.  When I was reviewing the pictures to see if anything was presentable, I thought this one still seemed like an interesting portrait:


Christmas morning Cooper's Hawk, Walpole, MA, 25 December 2018

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful! Cooper's Hawk by Matthew Brady.

Monica Schwalbenberg-Peña said...

Beautiful photo. It could be an illustration for the Bent Life Histories!
Monica Schwalbenberg-Peña, Santa Rosa