If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Monday, September 9, 2019

Lobos Rock

I've been reviewing photos from our short visit to Monterey County in late August.  Here's a view of one of the Lobos Rocks near Garrapata State Park.  I hadn't taken a photo of this offshore rock with a larger lens before.  While scanning this image, I realized there were quite a few sea lions ("lobos marinos") on the rock.  Can you see some of them?  [You can click on the photo for a larger version.]



Eventually I noticed there were a few sea lions near the peak of the rock. Here's a zoomed in view.  Check the uppermost right hand corner:


So, which route do you think the sea lions took to reach the top?
 

No comments: