If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Storm clouds at sunset

I was driving home from work and looked west at the lingering storm clouds when a flock of birds caught my eye.  I wasn't sure what they were at first, so I pulled over to look more closely.



Eventually I figured out that they were kitesa group of at least eight birds flying over the dunes.  Perhaps they were headed to a roost site somewhere? 

Kites in silhouette are attractive enough on their own, but with the stormy lighting, it was a dramatic scene:





P.S.  Looks like we received ~1 inch of rain in Bodega Bay today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I especially like the first photo! "Wheel to the storm and fly" -- John Barlow.

Jackie Sones said...

Yes! From the song "Cassidy"! Thanks for writing!

:)Jackie