If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Monday, June 14, 2021

Seeing eye to eye?

  

This wonderful sculpin was peeking out from behind a large sea anemone.  At first I wasn't sure about taking a photo because I couldn't see the entire fish.  But then I crouched down and looked more closely at its eye and the markings on its face, and I gave it a try.  I'm glad I did!  Check out this close-up:

 
P.S.  I'm going to be giving an online presentation for the Sonoma Land Trust this Thursday night (June 17).  The talk will be about developing a sense of place, using my experiences on Bodega Head as an example.  If you're interested in joining in, a registration link is available here: https://sonomalandtrust.org/outings/
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

peeking

Jackie Sones said...

Whoops! Thanks so much for pointing out that typo! (Peeking rather than peaking.) I've fixed it!

Jackie

Alice Chan said...

Hello, Jackie. Jeff and I attended your Sonoma Land Trust presentation. Thank you so much for that terrific program!!

Jackie Sones said...

Hi, Alice!

Thanks so much for attending the SLT presentation! Giving a webinar is an odd experience -- that is, it's unusual when you can't see anyone else and you're just talking to a camera. I'm happy that it's another way of reaching out to people, but I'm more used to seeing faces and having in-person discussions. Maybe that will be possible in the not-too-distant future? Fingers crossed.

Thanks again!
Jackie