If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Summer treats

  

A Black-footed Albatross (Phoebastria nigripes) approaching a large piece of squid just below the surface.

Then a second individual expressed interest, too:

 

When a third came along, things started to get a little fussy:

 
 
P.S.  And because we're thinking about albatross and food, here's a fun picture of the pie that was waiting for me when I returned home from the boat trip.  Hard to beat a blackberry-peach pie with an albatross design!  Nicely done, Eric!  :)

 

2 comments:

Alice Chan said...

Thanks for the albatross close-ups - and what a yummy looking pie. Did you save us some?

Jackie Sones said...

:) I wish I could give some blackberry-peach pie to everyone! :)