If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Thursday, September 8, 2022

To catch a shadow

  

I made a quick stop this morning (8 September 2022) when I noticed two Peregrine Falcons on the top of sea stack off Highway 1 near Gleason Beach.

When one of them dove, I tried to get a photo of the falcon in a stoop.  I was so focused on the bird, that I missed the shadow entirely until I downloaded the photos after dinner.  Pretty cool!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shot!

Manne said...

Very cool….In the PF foto I like the repeat of the orange…bird and rocks….”Nice planning!!!!”

Alice Chan said...

Wow! This made my day and I haven't even finished my coffee yet!

Jackie Sones said...

Thanks, everyone!

I, too, like the combination of the colors of the falcon's breast/belly feathers with the lichens on the rocks. She has a wonderful place to perch!

:) Jackie

Limantour walker said...

Great post-click catch! So much to see when we're looking elsewhere! :)