If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Close to the ground

  

American Badger (Taxidea taxus) resting on a mound of freshly dug soil around sunset a couple of nights ago.  I rarely see badgers, so I almost couldn't believe my eyes. I love the striped facial pattern and the grizzled fur.  [You can click on the image for a slightly larger view.]

Eric and I are hoping you get to spend some time with family and friends this weekend.  

We'll be sending out thanks to all of the plants and animals and landscapes around us, and to you for tuning in to the Natural History of Bodega Head!

2 comments:

Alice Chan said...

Oh my goodness, what a treat!!
Such a handsome critter!

Jeff and I are wishing you a joy-filled day of giving thanks.

marian619 said...

First time I've seen a BMR badger in the flesh. Very cool! It looks intense-- I'd hate to be its prey.

Thanks!

Marian