If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Tuesday, August 6, 2024

This day

  

Okay, I'll admit that I've been distracted by the Olympics recently, so apologies for not posting very much.  Sometimes when I need a quick idea for a post, I'll go back to a previous year at around the same date to see if a photo strikes me sort of like a "This Day in NHBH History."  

Some of you might remember these rainbow clouds from August 2022. 

 
So beautiful! 

2 comments:

Sybold said...

We miss you when you're not posting, but it's understandable. These clouds are amazing.
Can you point us to the reasons why?

Jackie Sones said...

Well, I don't know that much about clouds, but I learned a little bit about "rainbow clouds" (or circumhorizon arcs) a couple of years ago. The previous post doesn't include an in-depth explanation, but has some info about ice crystals and the angle of the sun.

https://bodegahead.blogspot.com/2022/08/rainbow-clouds.html

:) Jackie