If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Before the squall

I was trying to get a few things done in the field this morning, when I looked up to see this beautiful rainbow over the ocean:



I took a few pictures, including the one below, with a Gray Whale "photo-bombing" the rainbow seascape.  (The spout is on the left side just below the horizon.)



The sky became very dark and I decided I should head back before getting soaked, but I took one more shot looking to the northwest from Bodega Head, with the waves rolling into Salmon Creek Beach. 


I made it back to the office just in time.  It started pouring rain a few minutes later.  I think we recorded ~0.35 inches of rain within ~20 minutes!

No comments: