If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Under the Moon


We've been getting up early for field work during the morning low tides.  This morning (23 April 2019), I walked out the door and looked up to see a very bright planet just below the Moon.  Jupiter?  I haven't had a chance to check, but that's my guess.  Did you see it, too?  Photographed from Cotati at around 5:45 a.m.
 

2 comments:

John W. Wall said...

They have phone apps that help figure out what planets and constellations you're looking at, fwiw.

Jackie Sones said...

Thanks, John! Believe it or not, I'm still a landline gal (no cell phone here), but I have used some websites to check on celestial events. And this morning I checked on the planet again with binoculars and could see Jupiter's moons.

:) Jackie