If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Conked out

You might remember when I came across some napping River Otters (Lontra canadensis) last year.  I hadn't seen young ones yet this year, but today (24 August 2019) I got lucky.

A family of four otters conked out on the rocks.  There's an adult, two juveniles, and either another adult or an immature otter (e.g., a one-year old?).



Here's another image when they repositioned before continuing their nap:



So great to see another family!
 

3 comments:

Alice Chan said...

Thank you for posting these photos! They were just what I needed this morning.

Linda S said...

There were two in Rodeo Lagoon on Friday--so fun to see them. they seemed adult-sized.

Lotsoflux said...

You did get lucky - and so did we - thanks to your posting!
WHAT IS IT about otters?? Those are the cutest photos I've seen in months. Thank You!