If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Taking notice

Eric noticed this small jumping spider on his T-shirt, so we went out in the backyard for a photo:



It was an excellent jumper, so before we knew it, the spider ended up on my jacket and started looking around: 



This juvenile Red-backed Jumping Spider (Phidippus johnsoni) seemed to be taking notice of everything:


What eyes!  What a face!  What a "hair-do"!  

1 comment:

freightskwerl said...

I am not knowledgeable about arachnids, but I am an excellent judge of character, and this one sure looks like quite a character! It seems a bit taken aback at being confronted with a pair of gigantic humans. I love the thought of you checking each other out :)

Thanks for the amazing photography.