If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Ashes on her eyes

Late this afternoon I was walking by a wall that I pass by regularly when something caught my eye.   A large dragonfly was perched there, so I approached for a closer view:

 
 
As I moved closer, I noticed little white flecks here and there, and wondered if they might be ash.  You can see them on the green thorax and on the dark brown eyes:

 
Well, I couldn't tell for sure if the flecks were ash, but they look like the ash that's on our car right now.  This is a Common Green Darner (Anax junius), photographed on 13 September 2020.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I also see little turquoise dots where the wings attach to the thorax!
Nice close up, Jackie. U rocked my day!