If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Thursday, July 1, 2021

White with maroon accents + update about blog e-mails

  

A very nice chiton called Lepidozona radians.  This species is known for being highly variable in color.  Most of the individuals we've found in Sonoma County have been more brownish overall, with radiating flecks on the plates (see note below).  But during a recent low tide we came across several individuals with this white and maroon combination.  Interesting!  

P.S.  For a look at a different color form, check out the post called "The original sequins" on 26 February 2017.

P.P.S.  I've been informed that the service for sending out e-mails with NHBH blog posts will no longer be offered starting this month.  I'll be looking into a new one, and I hope I can transfer everyone over to a new service, but if not, watch for a note here (on the NHBH website) with a new way to subscribe to receive blog posts via e-mail.  Sorry about this!  I'm not that savvy about these types of things, but I'll be working on a solution.

2 comments:

adrienne said...

7-02-21
Hello Jackie,

Change! Inevitable, aggravating. Thank you for finding a way to continue sharing your inspiring photographs and information. It has been years since I've SCUBA dived, so these daily sea posts are a most-cherished daily gift.

HOPING that you will be able to include all past posts in whatever format you use. !!!!!!
Adrienne

John W. Wall said...

I have your blog bookmarked for just such contingencies. ;)