If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Checking in?

  

Well, I haven't been able to sort through my sea lion photos yet, but here are a couple more from 22 May 2022.  

A very large Steller Sea Lion approached a smaller individual.  I don't have much experience with this species, so I'm not totally sure what was going on.  

At first I thought it might be a large male interacting with a small female, but it seemed more like a mother-pup interaction.  Later I read that females have been seen nursing yearlings and older juveniles.  So perhaps this is a large female and a juvenile?

 
If you have thoughts about the identities of these individuals or about the interaction, I'd love to hear more.

No comments: