If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

A nap in the sun

  

I was working on another task today when I spotted a furry brown animal curled up on the rocks below.  A closer look revealed a sleeping River Otter (Lontra canadensis)!  I was pretty far away, but luckily I had a large zoom lens on my camera.

The otter started to wake up from its nap and at first it still looked a little sleepy:

 
 
Then the otter started to become more active and headed down the rocks towards the ocean:

 
Not a bad day for a nap on the rocks and a swim in the sea!

3 comments:

Alice Chan said...

Thank you, Jackie. There's nothing better than waking up to your photos of this lovely critter!

Jackie Sones said...

Yes! Waking up to an otter waking up! :) Jackie

Jim said...

Thanks so much for this …..and ALL you, Jackie !