If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Saturday nightjar

Well, time slipped away from me today, so I'll have wait to share a more detailed story about the Common Poorwill (Phalaenoptilus nuttallii) that I showed in last night's post.  But here's another photo of the same bird (below).  Check out the beautiful details of the feathers!  [Click on the image for a larger version.]


And yes, this bird is perched on the roof of a car (!).  The short story is that it was accidentally flushed from a daytime roost site, and ended up sitting on this car in the Bodega Marine Laboratory parking lot for a little while. If you're interested, I shared some information about poorwills back in 2014 see the 6 November 2014 post called "the sleeping one."

No comments: