If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Caught by the storm

Yesterday I had fun watching an isolated squall approach Bodega Head from offshore.  I was watching it out at sea, and could see that it was moving towards Bodega Head.  [You can click on the images for larger versions.]

3:13 p.m.



The contrast between the ocean ahead of the squall and within it was mesmerizing. 

3:14 p.m.

 

At first I thought it might slide to the north of where I was standing, and then I realized it wasn't going to, and I thought, "Uh oh...now I'm going to get soaked."  

3:16 p.m.



I took a few quick pictures and then turned to try to find shelter.  

3:18 p.m.



I knew that it was too late to stay dry, but I had had fun watching the storm.  Then all of a sudden I started getting pelted with hail!  It wasn't rain, so I had a little more fun taking a few pictures of the hailstones, and then I headed back in.

3:25 p.m.


1 comment:

Sue Johnson said...

jackie,
We had hail in Berkeley around 2pm on Sunday.
unexpected connections