If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Friday, June 21, 2019

A light celebration

If you've been reading this blog for the last few years, you might remember previous posts about color patterns in spider web silk.  Since it was the solstice today, I was thinking about light.  So I went out quickly before work to see if I could find a nice spider web strand.  I'm a little out-of-practice, but here are a few examples to help celebrate the summer season.  Pick your favorite!








P.S.  Here are links to some past examples:


 




 


 

3 comments:

Alice Chan said...

Can't pick a favorite - they are all exquisite!

Jackie Sones said...

:) I love these spider silk images, too. They're so unpredictable -- you never know what you're going to find next!

science 26 miles from America said...

Spectacular!