If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Cooling off at the coast

I've been having some computer issues (sigh), but here are a few photos from a visit to some sandy tidepools in Marin County today (9 June 2019).  It was cooler at the coast this afternoon, but it's still over 80°F (26°C) in Cotati tonight (after 8 p.m.).






I'm not sure about the identification of the sculpins, so if you have any thoughts about them, let me know.  The anemone is a Moonglow Anemone (Anthopleura artemisia).  They're often found at sandy (or gravelly) sites.

1 comment:

wendy in port townsend said...

The top one looks like a Tidepool Sculpin (Oligocottus maculosus), which are pretty common on the Olympic Peninsula, but I'm no expert at all.