If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Friday, May 15, 2020

Across the street

Several times during the past few weeks, I've heard Red Crossbills (Loxia curvirostra) calling overhead.  One time I could tell they were near the top of a tall redwood tree nearby, but I couldn't see them.

Tonight I heard them up there again, and this time I caught glimpses of them flying among branches, but somehow they disappeared and I couldn't get a photo.  

Later I was sitting in our kitchen with the backdoor open and heard them calling again.  So out I went, and this time I finally got one decent shot (not in the redwood, but in a neighboring tree):


Five crossbills flew out of the tree and headed east.  Photographed in Cotati on 15 May 2020.
 

No comments: