If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Summertime blues?

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm not much of a hot-weather person.  It was in the 90s in Cotati this afternoon, and that's a little too hot for me.  It was so hot that I couldn't even think straight about what to post tonight, but then Eric came to the rescue.  We talked about it and he thought a butterfly might be fun and easy to post.

So here you go!  Two photos of a beautiful Blue Copper (Lycaena heteronea) from Eric:





 (Here's hoping the thermometer doesn't reach quite so high tomorrow.)
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot Jackie! U got the striped antennae and the proboscis
in the first pic. Love the second one too! Gotta love a Copper
that is beautifully blue!

Anonymous said...

Oh! If Eric took th photos - kudos!

Jackie Sones said...

:) Yes, Eric had the camera and got into stealth mode quickly. I didn't have a larger camera with me at the time, so these were taken with a little point-and-shoot, believe it or not. Patience, patience...