If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Saturday, July 30, 2022

The hydroids are lovely

  

Three-lined Nudibranch (Coryphella trilineata) strolling among a forest of Orange Hydroid (Garveia annulata) polyps.  Photographed in the low intertidal zone on 14 July 2022. 

P.S.  I couldn't help hearing the Robert Frost poem when I looked at this photo, but instead of "The woods are lovely, dark and deep..." I heard hydroids instead of woods!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jackie, I love EVERYTHING about this post - the colors and natural composition, the gorgeous Nudibranch, the idea of the Nudibranch "strolling," and the fact that you heard Robert Frost in your head as you looked at the photo.

Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

I These posts have been how I start my day for over a year when my son shared the site. It has broadened my perspective (and yes, life) immeasurably. I am grateful every day. The photography is extraordinary and the comments not only erudite , but warm and personal . Nature is extraordinary and to have this access is a deep privilege.

Thank you.

Jackie Sones said...

Hello!

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm so grateful for your thoughts and feedback. It means a lot and inspires me to keep going!

:) Jackie