If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Sunday, November 19, 2023

"Pupdate"

 
Perhaps you'll remember the River Otter family I photographed back in August?  I think the last photo I shared was on 29 August 2023.  I had photographed a mother with two pups, and the mother had a noticeable injury (likely from a white shark see the post called "Ouch" on 28 August 2023).  

We observed the injured mother a few times after that initial sighting, but the sightings have become less frequent.  I hadn't seen the pups in several weeks, but I encountered them tonight (19 November 2023), so I thought I'd share a "pupdate."  If you compare the photos from August, I think you'll see how much the pups have grown.

I'm still keeping an eye out for their mom, but at this time I don't have additional information about her.

4 comments:

Alice Chan said...

It's great to see the pups looking so healthy!
Thank you for the pupdate!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jackie, for your photos and posts. I've been following for several years and have learned a lot. And, in addition, so many of your pictures are just plain beautiful--I love the textures and colors in this one.
I know it's a lot of work, but my husband and I always look forward to your posts and really appreciate them. Thank you.

Gretchen Joanna said...

I'm glad to see the pups, and looking healthy, too! I second what Anonymous says above: THANK YOU for continuing to share your sightings and the beauty of the North Coast. <3

Jackie Sones said...

Hi, all!

Thanks so much for these comments! I'm always grateful for feedback and to know more about who's checking in to the NHBH.

With humble appreciation for your interest and sharing your thoughts,

:) Jackie