If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Saturday, November 25, 2023

Ripples of light

  

While walking at Point Reyes yesterday, Eric and I came across a wonderful setting for photographing patterns of water and light over sand.   

It was hard to choose which images to share, but here are several of our favorites.  Which one do you like?  [You can click on the images for larger versions.]

 
Ever since I can remember, I've been drawn to these elemental scenes.  Perhaps the photos provide a sense of what it was like to be there?

Eric captured these images with the camera just above the surface of very shallow water. The water was exceptionally clear, and the sand ripples below were well developed.


 

The water was receding with the tide, so after a brief time the conditions changed and the sand was no longer covered by water.  I felt grateful for a little serendipity!

9 comments:

Manne said...

The last one is amazing in its complexity/detail.

Anonymous said...

They are all great - thank you for your photos always!!

Bill Wolpert, Architect said...

Wonderful images! #2 reminds me of lightning.

Lotsoflux said...

I, also, find the last one most striking.

Melinda said...

i love them all. time for video? I would like to see the changing forms and hear the water ripple or the ocean roar. What a great screen saver! thanks Jackie!

Alice Chan said...

Please don't make me choose a favorite - they are all amazing. Thank you for these images!

Limantour walker said...

All beautiful...mesmerizing!

Jackie Sones said...

Hi, all!

Eric says thanks for the positive feedback!

:) Jackie

Leora said...



I agree. These images are very special. I'm so happy to realize their reality. I can see a fabric illustrating them, maybe especially the last. I would make a shirt or dress and wear it on special happy occasions.
Thank you for the the unique experiences you and Eric bring.