If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Friday, November 24, 2023

Rising from the sea

  

Nice view of the Farallon Islands from Point Reyes this morning (24 November 2023).

P.S.  Long-time NHBH readers might recall that I have photographed the Farallon Islands from Bodega Head.  Back in 2015 I wondered if it was possible, so I did some calculations and then went up to the highest point on Bodega Head to see what I could see.  If you're curious, the full story is in the post called "On the horizon" on 1 January 2015.

1 comment:

Alice Chan said...

Oh, thank you so much for this! I love the Farallon Islands. One of my favorite days was the day we took a bird-watching tour boat out there.

Whenever we cross the Golden Gate Bridge I stare out to see if the islands are visible; usually they're not, but this past Wednesday they were, and I was so pleased!